I absolutely love the ingredients involved in this recipe: avocados, sweet potatoes, and eggs- they’re my favorite! Also these are some super foods that I swear by when it comes to providing nutrients and all day energy.
The wonderful thing is that you can make a couple at a time and store them in the fridge as meal prep for your busy week. It’s the best combination- quick, delicious, and very healthy- the perfect combination that allows you to conquer your work day and feel great!
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 avocado
- 4 eggs
- olive oil
- chopped green onions, garnish
- cayenne pepper, garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Poke holes in sweet potato and microwave on high for 8 minutes.
- Cut both your avocado and sweet potato in half. Remove the avocado pit. With a spoon scoop out approximately 2 tablespoons out of each sweet potato and avocado half- this allows room for each egg.
- To better stabilize your sweet potato and avocado bowls you can use a cupcake tin turn upside-down. "Cradle" your bowls in the grooves of the upside-down cupcake tin and gently crack one egg in each bowl.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on top of you sweet potatoes and avocados and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with green onions and cayenne, if desired.